Product Hardware Engineer - Infinity Studio
Education: BE/ ME/MTech (Electronics & Communication)
Experience: 5 - 6 years
Tentative Date of Joining: Immediate
Reporting to: Head Infinity Studio
Infinity Studio of Deshpande Startups is "A Platform to Ideate, Design, and Build Your Prototype/Product," a workspace for practical exposure to technology, experimentation, fabrication, and prototyping. This Space is intended to support product startups, foster innovative and efficient engineering projects, and nurture a community of makers within the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Infinity Studio supports all the startups, budding entrepreneurs & Students to build their prototypes by supporting them in Ideating, designing & building the Prototype.
Education and experience:
- BE/ ME/MTech (Electronics & Communication)
- 5 to 6 years of experience in PCB Designing & Hardware Developer
- Relevant work experience as a hardware design & development is preferred.
- High proficiency in manual electronics domain.
- Proficiency with machines/equipments/components/tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work holding techniques
Key competency and skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of Prototype/Product Design.
- Artistic and innovative flair.
- Be comfortable using machines/equipment/tools to build prototypes/products.
- Be comfortable using design software.
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market trends.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic documents and designs.
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Leadership skills.
- Superior listening and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Use project requirements as potential training opportunities for staff appropriately.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Design and test circuits and other electronic components.
- Integrate components into the final design and evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Analyze information and recommend appropriate hardware to users.
- Design new products and maintain all Digital electrical boards and/or Analog, circuits, components and interconnects.
- Provide technical and non technical support and prepare new business proposals to increase business prospects.
- Develop and implement product designs and provide support to production and ensure compliance to time-frame, quality and cost targets.
- Manage technical aspects and monitor efficient deployment of new technologies and systems.
- Perform market research using various techniques such as market surveys and search engines to ensure product compatibility with Management technical architectures.
- Coordinate with product development teams to perform Design for Testability (DFT) on design cycle
- Develop test strategy for products (Devices and system) to check viability with expected product cost and volumes and communicate findings to design teams.
- Prepare statistical reports for product deployment schedules and provide recommendation to management for review and approval.
- Collaborate with cross functional design teams such as hardware, mechanical and Software
- Collaborate with outsourced Validation and Manufacturing partners to ensure timely supply of systems and devices as per specification
- Develop electro-mechanical enclosures and packaging to safe-pack products.
- Evaluate new software and hardware during deployment to ensure smooth functioning of prototype/product.
- Coordinate with client’s engineering team and management to ensure efficiency.
- Provide training to junior engineers and supervise work to ensure compatibility and reliability.
- Create, build, and engage the community (Students, Innovators, Startups, and stakeholders)
- Developing new prototype/products and supporting an installed base of electronics components or subsystems using electronic engineering principles, present prototypes, and designs to customers and project managers.
- Identify risks involved and identify possible solutions
- Upgrading & standardizing the electronic lab/infinity studio.
- Works with the customers and technical leaders to ensure that the technical deliverable is consistent with the goals of more extensive programs, projects, or initiatives.
- Applying & Maintaining 6S.
- Perform such other duties as required and appropriate to the objectives of this position, program, and the needs of the organization
We are located at
Foundation For Sandboxstartup Initiatives, Next to International Airport, Gokul Road,
Opp. to Gokul Village, Hubballi, Karnataka, INDIA - 580030
Subscribe to our newsletter to get all our news in your Inbox.